Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Indy replies.

"Thanks Rod, I'll pass on your best wishes..."


Well, the Independent didn't take me at all seriously. That was a big mistake, there are one or two things, like the Orphan Act going on at the moment that are making me quite polarised about copyright matters. To say nothing of publications 'buying' my cartoons, giving me tight deadlines and follow ups to make sure the work is supplied on time and pefectly proportioned, and then using them and not seemingly making any effort to pay. I think the Indy is banking on the fact that they are a big fish in a small pond and that nobody from any other country will see the paper anyway. They seem to think that any art is public domain and up for grabs, provided someone slaps on a word balloon and signs the work. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it.

No comments: