Saturday, March 04, 2006

Current Projects 2

In order to work on these book projects I try to concentrate on only a very few gag cartoon markets. I try to knock those cartoons out early, every day, to hit the deadlines. The rest of the time, after my admin' stuff, I work on the other projects that have to be finished. Perhaps good time-management is a skill that many illustrators overlook, but they certainly need it:

This is The Bee Man setting off on his journey. I did a Quick-Layering tutorial for this book page, in about 6 steps, and cartoonist Nigel Sutherland managed to cut even one of those stages, so it's down to 5 easy steps, I'll post a link to it HERE soon.

This is an early page from one of the greatest story's ever written, A Very Old Man With Enormous Wings by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

And this is a page from one of the greatest poems ever written, Tam O'Shanter, by Robert Burns. After talking to Mike Lynch about this, I decided to go back to work on it.

This page is from The Mezzotint by M.R. James. I finished the entire thing just last month, a little behind schedule.

No comments: